Eisenberg Associates Insurance Agency, Inc.
Effective May 1, 2006
Eisenberg Associates is dedicated to preserving your privacy. Eisenberg Associates will never give, sell, rent, lease or transfer your name or information to any person or entity other than the insurance company you are applying to. Please note: these respective insurance companies or agencies may include outside paramedical firms and investigative agencies, sometimes used in the normal course of insurance underwriting, and those third party firms that Eisenberg Associates may be in contract with to perform quote delivery and insurance fulfillment services for Eisenberg Associates. The personal information you provide, such as your name, e-mail or phone numbers will be considered as your consent to contact you about insurance even if you are registered on any state or federal "Do not call" list. When purchasing insurance from us, you will remain in control the purchase decisions at all times. Eisenberg Associates will provide private, fast, easy and secure insurance purchase transactions.
Required by the federal Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and state privacy law (State law will apply if it provides more protection to you than federal law).
How does Eisenberg Associates protect your privacy?
- Eisenberg Associates restricts access to NPI to our employees who need it for their jobs.
- Eisenberg Associates requires anyone outside our corporate family (non affiliates) who perform services for us to conform to our privacy standards, and not to use your NPI for any other purpose.
- Eisenberg Associates verifies inquiries for your NPI before its release.
- Health information collected by Eisenberg Associates is only obtained with your written authorization.
- Disclosure of your NPI only as permitted or required by law.
- No disclosure of your NPI or health, character, personal habits or reputation to anyone for marketing purposes.
- Eisenberg Associates will maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your NPI.
What information do Eisenberg Associates collect?
Eisenberg Associates will need some NPI to determine if you are eligible for our products. Once a contract is issued, NPI is checked when someone asks for more coverage or submits a claim.
Eisenberg Associates may collect:
- Data you provide on applications (name, address, date of birth, Social Security number, income, and beneficiary).
- Medical information from health care providers obtained with your permission..
- Information about your policies with Eisenberg Associates or its affiliates (policy number, coverage, premium, payment history).
- With your authorization: credit reports from consumer reporting agencies; driving records from the Bureau of Motor Vehicles; medical records from the Medical Information Bureau. (NPI obtained from insurance support organizations may be kept by them and disclosed to others). These organizations are outside of our control, and of this Privacy Notice.)
Eisenberg Associates may share your NPI when you ask or authorize us to do so. Public Internet networks may be used to e-mail NPI information to you, the insurance company and authorized outside investigative service agencies such as paramedic examiners companies as needed. Additionally, the law allows certain disclosures without your authorization, such as some or all of your NPI with affiliates or non affiliates, as permitted or required by law.
Examples of whom Eisenberg Associates may share NPI:
- Non-affiliates under contract with us, such as paramedic examination, medical records facilities, and customer service vendors and other insurance agencies; affiliates that help us provide services or audit our operations.
- A consumer reporting agency to detect or prevent fraud.
- A regulatory, legal or government authority, for a compliance audit, information request or under a subpoena or court order.
- Affiliates or non affiliates that market our products. The parties Eisenberg Associates may share NPI with include life and health insurers, insurance agents, and marketing firms. The law does not allow you to opt out of these disclosures. Eisenberg Associates may share your name, address, product purchased, and policy number for these purposes.
What are your rights?
- You reserve the right to know what NPI Eisenberg Associates has collected about you. This does not apply to NPI that relates to an actual or possible claim or civil or criminal action. You may ask us in writing to correct any NPI you believe is not correct.
- You may ask us in writing for a list of those to whom Eisenberg Associates have disclosed your medical records within the past two years.
- If Eisenberg Associates needs to disclose your NPI for reasons not normally allowed by law, Eisenberg Associates will ask for your written authorization. You may revoke it at any time. Revocation is subject to the rights of anyone who acted in reliance of your authorization before its revocation..